Engineering Service Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia
BIomedical Engineering is one of several professional disciplines which contributes to safe, effective and economical healthcare. The role and primary responsibility of a Biomedical Engineering service is to manage medical device technologies, including to ensure adherence to recognised safety and quality, standards while taking into account cost and efficiency requirements.
Biomedical Engineering is a learned profession that combines expertise and responsibilities in engineering, science, technology and medicine. Since public health and welfare are paramount considerations in each of these areas, Biomedical Technical Personnel (BTP) shall uphold an appropriate level of competencies embodied in its professional practice, research, patient care and/or training. The level of competencies shall reflect the standards of professionalism and personal practice for BTP.
Applicable to all technical personnel of MOH and Concession Company/Servicing Contractor who are involve in Biomedical Engineering Maintenance Services at MOH healthcare facilities.
- BEMS Biomedical Engineering Maintenance Services
- BTP Biomedical Technical Personnel
- CCM Compulsory Competency Module
- CPD Continuing Professional Development
- MEET Medical Equipment Enhancement Tenure
- MOH Ministry of Health
- PPM Planned Preventive Maintenance
- PTS Product technical Specialist
- TRKPI Technical Requirement Key Performance Indicator